700- to 1,050-w0rd pap3r in which you identify 3 behaviors or situations you have encountered that represent 3 separate defense mechanisms. Follow these guidelines:
- You may incorporate behaviors or situations from your daily interactions with others or interactions you observe between others (e.g., co-workers, strangers in a store, news, media).
- Observe behaviors or situations but do not attempt to intervene.
- No personal identifying information should be included.
In your pap3r, be sure to:
- Describe each defense mechanism you have observed.
- Explain the behavior or situation and how it represents the identified defense mechanism.
- Write a conclusion in which you describe how you might address defense mechanisms with a client.
Note: Use the topics above as headings in your pap3r.