based on your researched literature review, you will evaluate further the extent of the problem related to your research topic. Choose which educational tool would be appropriate to address your research problem to an audience either by presenting a training (train) or webinar (inform). You will consider the topic issue, the purpose, and the target audience to illuminate. Designing a training or webinar is like mapping out a road trip or creating a journey.
Once you have determined which method you will present, submit your proposal for this presentation to address some questions accordingly.
To do this, you will start by considering the information you plan to cover in your presentation.
Be sure to consider the following questions as you develop your outline:
- Indicate the purpose of the presentation.
- Identify your target audience and provide rationalization of this selection (how it fits the problem and purpose; consider if there are any inclusion or exclusion criteria; and if they do exist, determine why they exist).
- Identify the need/issue/gap.
- Address how developing a training or webinar on the issue can satisfy this need/issue/gap.
- Determine how the response to this issue will affect the design of the webinar or training activities and content exploration strategies.
- Identify the outcomes expected from the presentation.
- To train others to be trainers? (Capacity building)
- To train/educate agencies or organizations on an emerging trend (assessments, tools, laws, change practices, EBP, etc.) or issue?
- To add to the body of prospectus around a certain subset of the issue?
- Other reasons?
- Identify potential implications of your presentation for the audience and other systems involved (value and need for this presentation).
Then, you will create a comprehensive outline that you will use to develop your final presentation. Provide enough detail that a reader may discern the overall ideas your presentation will address. Answer the following questions to complete this assignment:
- General theme and subthemes: What knowledge and skill areas will be the focus of the training or webinar?
- Goals and objectives: What do you want participants to learn during the training or webinar? What will they leave knowing more about, or what new skills will they have acquired?
- Essential questions: What central questions should participants answer as the training or webinar unfolds?
- Summary of participant activities (this is more typical/applicable to training): How will participants accomplish training objectives and answer the questions in numbers 2 and 3 above? (e.g., small group discussions and projects, lectures, role-playing)
- Resources: What resources might you use to help participants accomplish the training or webinar objectives? (e.g., current research, discussions, encouragement)
- Assessment activities: How will others determine if participants a) have reached curriculum objectives identified in number 2 above, and b) can answer the questions in number 3?
Length: 2-3 pages, not including title and reference pages
References: Include a minimum of 10 scholarly resources.
The completed assignment should address all of the assignment requirements, exhibit evidence of concept knowledge, and demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the content presented in the course. The writing should integrate scholarly resources, reflect academic expectations and current APA standards, and adhere to Northcentral University’s Academic Integrity Policy.