All questions are worth 20 points:
- As a Child Protective Service Worker (CPS) or Police Detective working with child abuse cases, are there any mobile apps or software programs/technology that you feel could help you in the course of your duties or help you stay organized? What might help you stay organized?
- If you were to start tomorrow as a child protection worker, what community agencies do you think you would likely be making referrals to and why? List and discuss at least three agencies.
- What positive characteristics would you hope to find with your co-workers and your immediate supervisor on a CPS team? What negative characteristics might concern you?
- There are several categories of self-care activities (e.g., social, psychological/emotional, spiritual, etc.). Which kind of self-care activities do you think would work best for you and why?
- Do you think it would be easier to recognize the signs and symptoms of secondary traumatic stress in a co-worker or yourself? Why?