This assessment task relates to the following course objectives:
• Understand the principles of the Australian Computer Society Code of Ethics to IT professional practice
• Value and understand the legal, social and ethical issues involved in IT professional practice within a cultural context IT Computer Science Assignment Help
Climate change is now at the point where events, such as Bushfires, Storms, related flooding and long-term weather patterns are becoming more extreme. Up until September 2019, a lot of people thought of these things in terms as “not in my lifetime”. The bushfires of 2019 and 2020 were a wakeup call.
Discussing ethical issues in the context of the Australian Bushfires is a very broad subject and certainly not capable of being covered adequately in this assignment. I have identified the following areas for this assignment, choose one area:
1. Ethics and environmental devastation.
2. Ethics and affected wildlife.
3. Ethics and affected human populations
4. Ethics and organisation plans to mitigate bushfires (fuel reduction, techniques adopted especially in view of size of fire and resources available).
You are required to identify the ethical dilemma and undertake an ethical analysis/discussion of one of the four ethical situations of your choice. IT Computer Science Assignment Help
Your analyses should use the perspective of each of the FOUR (4) ethical philosophies presented in lectures, and ONE (1) value selected from the Australian Computer Society’s (ACS) code of ethics. You should comment on the appropriateness of these philosophies being used in a social emergency situation.
Essays should contain the following components in the structure indicated.
• Title page
• Table of contents
• Ethical dilemma
• Ethical analysis of your chosen area:
- Deontology o Social contract
- Character based
- ACS code of ethics
The introduction section should provide context and background on the issue of the scale of the bushfires. It should provide an overview of how you intend to address the ethical problems you have identified and a guide to a proposed solution(s) IT Computer Science Assignment Help