I need help with method outline and hypothesis
Your methods section will be in paragraph form for the draft. For this outline, answer the following questions (in complete sentences) to help develop your experimental design based on your own unique experiment. Scientific articles, including the methods, are written in the past tense. Answer these questions in the past tense for this initial draft (It was hypothesized that…., these parameters were selected because…, etc.).
This assignment is worth 5 points. Upload this document to blackboard by the end of the lab period. I will review your answers and provide feedback before the next lab.
- Title of Proposal:
- Study question:
- Hypothesis/es (This MUST be testable!):
- Provide a study site and conditions in this study area (species, environmental factors):
- Experimental group:
- Control group:
- What is your independent variable? Is this variable quantitative or qualitative? How will you collect data for this variable?
- What is your dependent variable? Is this variable quantitative or qualitative? How will you collect data for this variable?
- Describe the statistics you will be using and why.
- Create a rough diagram, using squares if you have no pictures, of how you will conduct this experiment. Eventually, you will need a diagram like the one shown in the lecture. Be sure to delete this example!