Rasmussen College Overweight and Obesity Action Plan Discussion Paper
- Explain foundations of global health.
- Analyze the incidence, distribution, and control of emerging healthcare concerns in global populations.
- Evaluate the impact of global disease surveillance processes among global populations.
- Integrate social determinants, ethical concerns, and human rights for high-risk and vulnerable global populations.
- Critique access to global healthcare.
- Prioritize epidemiological interventions among global populations.
You are working as a nurse consultant for the World Health Organization (WHO). You are asked to create an action plan for an awareness campaign surrounding a major global health issue.
Create an action plan for your awareness campaign. Sections of the plan should include:
- Background and significance of healthcare concern (including incidence and distribution)
- Objectives of the campaign (include at least three)
- Target audience (including considerations of social determinants, ethical concerns, and human rights)
- Methods for implementation (materials, communication tools, activities, etc.)
- Information to convey (key messages), including a campaign slogan
- Evaluation strategy
- Timeline for the campaign
Information should be supported by evidence from professional sources, published within the past five years.