UPMC Improving Processes Presentation
1 Welcome to the last week of your course. In this discussion question, you have the opportunity to be creative and to relate what you have learned to your professional lives. Please explore and critically think about some of the learning outcomes and concepts presented in this course before responding to the DQ.
Please effectively communicate how you would lead an organization (or a group of people within the organization) ethically and responsibly by applying the knowledge you have learned in this course. Your discussion should include innovative thinking and practices you’ve learned this course that may assist you in decision-making and leadership. You may frame your discussion around any aspect of business and in any context, such as problem-solving, management, leadership, organizational behavior, and so forth.
CLA 2 Comprehensive Learning Assessment – CLO 2, CLO 3, CLO 4, CLO 6, CLO 7
Write and develop an APA formatted, 4 to 6-page paper that includes:
- PA2 – Non-Existent or Poorly implemented Process; 3-5 pgs
- Introduction to the topic
- Description of the situation
- Explanation of how you might become a better leader by improving the process
- Statement of the kind of risk-taking and experimentation you might undertake
- Statement of the tradeoffs and potential benefits are there
- Description of the planning required to lead the proposed process change. (You may want to research and refer to Kotter’s and/or Lewin’s models of process change)
- Statement of how you will/would build commitment for the proposed change
- A References page (6 resources + textbook)
- Explanation of the three to four of the most important leadership concepts you have learned in this course. Use examples from your own experience and use research along with in-text citations that provide a foundation of validity to your analysis.
- A detailed personal Leadership Improvement plan. Identify the key elements of your plan to strengthen your practice of leadership (e.g., what, when, how, resources, and so forth).
*Please refer to the Grading Criteria for Comprehensive Learning Assessments (CLAs) in the University Policies for specific guidelines and expectations.
CLA 2 Comprehensive Learning Assessment (CLA 2) Presentation
In addition to your CLA 2 report, please prepare a professional PowerPoint presentation summarizing your findings for CLA 2. The presentation will consist of your major findings, analysis, and recommendations in a concise presentation of 15 slides (maximum). You should use content from your CLA 2 report as material for your PowerPoint presentation. In addition, you should include learning outcomes from all your major assignments. This would include PA 1, CLA 1, PA 2, and of course, CLA 2 (unless otherwise specified by your Professor). An agenda, executive summary, and references slides should also be included. Please keep in mind that the university is moving towards a more digital footprint for our students. This means that your final CLA 2 presentation may be recorded, so that you may include it in your “e-portfolio” (graduating students should have all of their CLA 2 presentations on a flash-drive, in addition to student biography, resume, interests, and so forth) Students will present their PowerPoint during the last week of class in either the On-Campus Class Session or the online Virtual Class Session, as determined by the professor. Presentations should not exceed 15 minutes.
*Please refer to the Grading Criteria for CLA 2 Presentations in the University Policies for specific guidelines and expectations.