CUNY BMCC The Barber Shop Chronicles Analysis Review
I’m working on a art question and need an explanation to help me learn.
- Watch The Barber Shop Chronicles at this link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tIL8wSS5bKTnYMvtV…
- While watching, take notes on your favorite moments, characters, the theatrical elements (see below) and turn in a one-page analysis. Since this is your first assignment, you can turn it in in bullet points instead of writing a formal essay. See notes regarding “theatrical elements” at bottom of this announcement. Submit assignment on Blackboard under Course Documents.
- Staging (how the director uses the actors primarily (but with scenic and lighting design) to create visual statements (”stage pictures”)
- Lighting design (what does it hide / reveal / evoke?)
- Sound design (music, sound effects, anything you can hear)
- Scenic design (think of practicality & aesthetic)
- Properties design (the “props” people use in the play
- Writing (how the story is told in general, but also the specific use of language by the writer)