PHI 105 GCU Critical Thinking Reflection Essay
Find three credible sources that discuss critical thinking.
(One of the three sources should be from ONE of the resources in the links below or the one attached) Consider how they define critical thinking.
In 300-500 words, define critical thinking and expand on what skills are needed to work through the critical thinking process and/or how critical thinking is enhanced. Keep the following guidelines in mind:
- The sources you found in your research may influence your definition, but your own ideas should be evident. In other words, your process should be: a) Read some definitions and descriptions of critical thinking; b) Comprehend or digest the information, and c) create a synthesized definition of critical thinking.
- Paraphrasing is preferred. Include an in-text citation whenever paraphrasing or using a direct quote. Keep direct quotes between 0-3 per essay.
- A reference page that documents the three sources you found (and any other resources you used) is required. Remember, all sources must be cited both in-text and on your reference page.
(Note: Do not simply reword the definitions you read. Consider how you will explain what critical thinking is.)
1) Explore articles on the human brain located on the NewScientist website.
2) “Defining Critical Thinking,” by Glaser, located on The Critical Thinking Community website.