George Washington University Elements of A Winning Political Campaign Message Case
The goal of this assignment is to apply what you have learned in class and demonstrate your understanding of communication campaigns, including their context, through presenting a cogent and coherent critique of the creation and execution of communication campaigns, by both sides, for a political campaign you select for study.
Please review your submitted and graded Communication Campaign Case Study outline for reference. In this phase, you will critique a communication campaign and evaluate the following required components:
- message development and framing
- the role and content of earned and free media
- the use of messengers and validators
- various techniques (such as narrative/storytelling) and specific factual evidence in support of the effort
In your 7-10 page critique, evaluate opposing sides of a real-world communication campaign. (Each side must be a specific individual or organization, you cannot simply do a critique of “supporters” and “opponents” of a specific issue.).
To successfully complete this assignment, your final submission must provide:
- a specific individual or organizations on each side of the issue
- a description of each side’s communication efforts
- sophisticated analyses and critiques of the effectiveness of each side’s communication efforts based on principles and techniques that have been covered in class
- a clear demonstration of your original research including analysis of primary source materials (specifically materials from each side of the campaign included in the Appendix).