ENGL 110 American Military University Drug Trafficking Essay
This analysis project requires you to tackle a problem within your field of study by first exploring it, its causes, and its impacts. Then, if you want, you can recommend one or more practical solutions to solve the problem.
After deciding on the problem you wish to tackle, begin building questions about it. Your goal for the analysis is to answer the questions through your sources. Finding multiple angles and perspectives is ideal so that you explore those possibilities in the final paper before settling on your recommendation. Be sure to identify what is at stake.
Here are questions to help guide your analysis:
- What is the problem being addressed (explain, describe, and “prove” that it exists)?
- Who is affected by this problem?
- Why does this problem exist (identify the root causes)?
- Why does the problem persist (identify the major factors that contribute to the problem’s ongoing presence)?
- What is at stake if the problem is not solved?
If you decide to include a solution, use these questions to guide you:
- Who can take action?
- What should they do, exactly?
- Why would this help?
- What are the positive and negative aspects of your solution(s)?
- PURPOSE: To analyze a problem and possibly provide a solution
- AUDIENCE: Classmates, others interested in the field