De La Salle College Research Methodology Antipolo Methodology Chapter Discussion
Title: Involvement and Challenges of Parents in Assisting Grade 3 Learners in Mathematics
Research Design – Mixed Method quali and quanti
Research Method – Descriptive
Instrument – survey questionnaire
Respondents – 5-10 respondents in qualitative, 40 respondents in quantitative
Statement of the Problem
This study aims to determine the involvement and challenges of parents in assisting Mathematics for grade three pupils in Sagay Central School during the School Year 2021-2022
Specifically, it will seek to answer:
- What is the profile of the respondents in terms of:
- monthly family income; and
- parents’ educational attainment?
- What is the level of involvement of parents in assisting their children in learning mathematics?
- Is there a significant difference between the level of involvement of parents in assisting their children in learning mathematics when grouped according to profile?
- What are the challenges met by the parents in assisting their children in learning mathematics?
- How do the parents assist their children in learning mathematics?
- Based on the result of the study, what may be proposed to help the parents assist their children in learning mathematics better?
You can see the sample here, just follow the contents of chapter 3
the mixed method has different types such as,
Sequential Explanatory Design *
Sequential Exploratory Design *
Sequential Transformative Design
Concurrent Triangulation Design
Concurrent Embedded Design **
Concurrent Transformative Design **