Richland College Police Body Cameras Technological Innovations Essay
The objective of the argumentative research essay is to investigate an important issue or problem in today’s world and take a stance in the debate surrounding the issue. For this assignment, you must choose one of the following questions:
- Should the federal minimum wage be increased?
- Should college athletes be paid for their participation in college sports?
- Should there be mandatory minimum sentences for drug related crimes?
- Should police officers be required to wear body cameras?
- Should the U.S. government provide free higher education?
- Should the U.S. government provide free health care for all?
- Should single-use plastic (packaging, utensils, grocery bags) be banned from use?
- For this Discussion Board,
- you are going to share your ideas on your selected topic with your peers, your brainstorming to narrow the focus, and your tentative thesis. So, you need to decide on a topic, from the choices at the start of this Unit, if you have not already done so.In your initial post, please do the following
- Provide a short paragraph explaining why you chose your topic or the reasons why you want to write about that particular question. You might include information about any preliminary research you have completed.
- Provide a summary of the brainstorming and narrowing process you went through (per the previous lesson), so that your peers have a sense of your understanding of the various debates and viewpoints.
- Provide your thesis statement. (Note: this might be tentative at this point and subject to change later, depending upon your research).