CUNYJJCCJ W14 New York and Its Role in Integrating Environmental Science Essay
- Upload your term paper LINK to the Course Week 14 Discussion Forum no later than Wednesday, May 13, 2020. This assignment will be gladly accepted prior to the due date. Upload your final version prior to Midnight May 23, 2020 [Course Week 15] through “Browse My Computer.” Do not submit as a PDF [I cannot comment on your paper on a PDF file].
Your term paper must be at least EIGHT pages in length plus a title page, reference page, and Appendix A and Appendix B. It must submitted in the John Jay College of Criminal Justice required American Psychological Association (APA) publication format. John Jay’s required APA format may be accessed from the Sealy Library Homepage. Your paper will not be accepted if it is not in this format.
Your written assignment must utilize at least three references in addition to the course text assignments.
Select a town, village, city, borough or county of your choice as the focus of your term paper. Be careful not to select a jurisdiction that is too large
After selecting at least three natural hazard/threats, including flooding, and one man-made hazard/threat (See Table 8.1 in our Text) that may affect your selected jurisdiction, complete the necessary research, data gathering and resource review to write a term paper that includes the information required by the following headings and subheadings:
- Title Page
- Description of the Selected Jurisdiction
- Identify, Define and Explain Each of the Three Selected Hazards/Threats that May Affect Your Jurisdiction
- Profile the Hazard/Threat Events That May Affect Your Jurisdiction
- Inventory Major Assets in the Areas Affected by Each Hazard/Threat Selected in Your Jurisdiction
- Identify Alternative Mitigation Actions for each Selected Hazard/Threat that May Affect Your Jurisdiction
- Appendix A
- Appendix B
Three Selected Hazards/Threats [See Text Table 8.1] Include Flooding Hazard/Threat Profile and Context Description Major Community Assets Impacted By The Hazard/Threat Preliminary Mitigation Actions For the Hazard/Threat 1. 2. 3.
Appendix B – Maps and diagrams of jurisdiction selected including major community assets and hazard/threat impact. http://nationalmap.gov/ Under “National Map Viewer” click “Let’s Make My Map!” and/or https://msc.fema.gov/portal/home FEMA Flood Map