Peer and Family Influence on Self Esteem Presentation
I’m working on a Science exercise and need support.
Imagine you have been asked to speak to a group of parents about promoting self-esteem in school-age children. You need to research the topic and prepare a visually appealing PowerPoint slideshow to accompany your presentation. Your PowerPoint slideshow will need to:
- Have a title slide.
- Contain 5-10 content slides that include Speaker Notes which provide supporting details to use when elaborating on the slide contents.
- Address the following questions:
- How does level of self-esteem typically change during middle childhood? What factors contribute to this change?
- What are some influences on school-age children’s self-esteem?
- Does very high self-esteem always have positive effects on children’s adjustment? Why or why not?
- What are the typical consequences of low self-esteem?
- What are some other strategies that parents and teachers can use to promote children’s self-esteem? What behaviors should adults avoid, and why?