Development Fundraising and Healthcare Philanthropy Discussion
Fundraising and philanthropy form the foundation of almost every non-profit healthcare institution in the United States. It is not uncommon to see a donor wall in the lobby of a hospital, or that a building – or even the entire institution – is named after a philanthropic benefactor. The development function is of such importance that it is often the sole responsibility of a senior executive or discrete department. Effective marketing provides the framework for successful fund development.
Upon successful completion of the course material, you will be able to:
- Evaluate the strength, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats applicable to multiple interest groups that impact the delivery of healthcare services.
- Discuss the impact of formal and informal influence on decisions reached in healthcare organizations.
- Textbook: Healthcare Marketing: A Case Study Approach
In this assignment you will discuss the relationship between marketing, fundraising, and development.
- Review the rubric to make sure you understand the criteria for earning your grade.
- Review Chapter 9, ‘The Presence of Politics’, in Healthcare Marketing: A Case Study Approach..
- Navigate to the threaded discussion and respond by explaining your answers to each of the following questions found at the end of Chapter 9:
- Chapter Question 3
- Chapter Exercise 2