Keiser University Child Welfare and Protection Questions
Each of your answers should be written using your own words. Do not copy and paste from your textbook or an Internet source. Simply copying from the book word-for-word does not show me that you understand the concepts. Ensure you cite your work and add reference(s) at the end of your journal. This assignment is designed to see if you are reading and understanding the material from your textbook and attached PDFs, so these should be the sources you are citing in your work. You should not need to do research from additional resources unless the question specifically asks you to do so; you should not be Googling the answers for these questions.
Please review the APA resources under the “Getting Started” section if you need assistance. As a criminal justice professional, it is imperative that you learn the finer aspects of writing. Citing and referencing are part of the gradable criteria for your weekly work.
All questions are worth 20 points:
- Which permanency option(s) might be easier or harder to accomplish and why?
- Consider all the challenging populations of children that your book has discussed. What do you think would be the most challenging group to work with? Can you identify any additional populations that might be challenging? What might be required to work effectively with the group you chose, working with both the children and the families?
- Why do you believe that children involved with Child Protective Services have a higher risk of substance use?
- In terms of first impressions, what would suggest to you as a CPS worker, that a person might not make a good foster parent and why?
- At what level of prevention (primary, secondary, or tertiary) do you think you can make the most difference as a citizen or CPS worker concerned about child maltreatment in the United States?