FAU Importance of Software Updates Questionnaire
Download the attached General Concepts Assignment file and answer the questions.General Computer Concepts Activities
Directions:Answer the following questions using complete sentence when appropriate. The questions should be answered using the computer you plan on using for this course. You can use either a Mac or Windows Operating System.
For many of the questions, you will need to take screen shots of your desktop. Directions on how to take screen shots are in the course in the “Common Applications” module. Embed the screen shots below the question it answers in this document (do not delete the questions). You will submit this document, with screen shots embedded, as one document and submit it as a .doc (or.docx) document.
For questions 4,5, and 6, you will need to provide a short explanation of what you are showing with your screen shots.
1. Review your computers specs. Specifically, what is the processor, RAM, and what Operating System are you running? Take a screen shot to show what your computer has.
- InWindowsyou can find this information usually by going to the file explorer, right clicking on “This PC”, and reviewing Properties.
- On a Mac,you can find this information if you go to the Apple () menu in the corner of your screen, choose About This Mac. The version of your operating system appears beneath “macOS” or “OS X” in the window that opens.
2. In this class, we will learn about Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. All three are part of Microsoft Office. It is important that the computer you are working on have these tools. Broward College provides these tools for you. Follow the direction to Download and Access Office 365.
What Microsoft tools are you working with. Provide a screen shot of each of the tools and which version you have on your computer.
- InWindowsyou can find this information by going into one program, under “file” click “account”. Take a screen shot of that page.
- On a Mac, visit the Applications folder, this will show all apps that users have installed through the App Store, and that came bundled with the Mac. For the vast majority of purposes and for most user levels, this is adequate to list what apps are on a Mac:
- From the OS X Finder, hit Command+Shift+A to jump to the /Applications folder
- Pull down the View menu and choose “List” to scroll through an easy to read list of all apps in the Applications folder.
- Right click on the app and select Get Info
3. Why are software updates so important? Be sure to discuss security fixes, bugs, adaptationto new hardware availability and other pluginoptions.
4. Attach 2 screen shots of a Windows screen, showing menus, toolbars, Windows, Folders,sub- folders, directories, sub-directories, and views. Change the view between the twoscreen shots. Provide a short explanation of what you are showing with your screen shots.
5. Attach 2 screen shots demonstrating an understanding of file management tools, suchas keyboard shortcuts, copy, paste, delete, move, rename, create shortcuts, and search;and demonstrate how to use each to manage files and folders. Please take an original screenshot and then rename and move one file or folder and take a second picture. Provide a short explanation of what you are showing with your screen shots.
6. Take 2 screen shots of your screen. Take an original screen shot then change the date and time and screen color, background, wallpaper, etc. and take asecond picture. Provide a short explanation of what you are showing with your screen shots.