Grand Canyon University Career Counseling for All Brochure
School counselors must be aware of societal issues related to gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, and disabilities that may influence students’ college and career decision-making process. This awareness can assist school counselors to develop ethical and culturally relevant strategies to promote college readiness and access, and to facilitate post-secondary transitions for all students.
In a 500-750 word brochure for high school students, describe the following:
- Issues or obstacles that students may encounter in the career decision making process due to gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disabilities .
- How might these problems be combatted or overcome with compassion and care for others ?
- What can school counselors do to help all students make well-informed college and career decisions?
- How might school counselors assist students in learning to advocate for themselves?
- What community resources or organizations are available to students to assist with gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability issues in career planning?