HSB Social Research Paper
Intro & Research Reflection :Directions
In a word processing program (e.g. Word, Google Docs, etc.), respond to the questions below and save your document as a .doc, .docx, or .pdf file.
- Who are you?” Malack Awad” , What do you like to be called? “Malack”
- What field or career are you planning to enter after graduating from CSUF?
“teach , counselling at schools and then get a master’s in Sociology and work as professor.”
- Can you tell me three interesting/funny/insightful/unique things about you? “ i am a 23 yeas old young lady, “ please write what think is good and intresting”
- On a scale of 1-5, with 1 being “not interested at all” and 5 being “very interested”, how interested are you in the content of this course?
“ the class is ‘Social Research Method’, from my professor : This course is for everyone who wants to be an informed consumer of information. We will focus on how social scientists, including sociologists, use the scientific method to explain and predict human behavior. This includes theories, ethics, measurement, sampling, analysis, and more. I hope you walk away with a deeper understanding of the nuances of scientific research as well as the ability to evaluate any scientific information, and why social science research is important to our individual lives and society.”
- What do you know about research methods or the scientific method in sociology right now? (Nothing is a perfectly fine answer.) Where did you learn this information? (Or why do you think you haven’t learned much yet?)
- How confident are you in evaluating stats or research about social issues, such as COVID, policing, racial equality, etc.? Why do you feel this way?
- If presented with quality scientific data and research that contradicted a belief you have, would you change your belief? Why or why not?
Remember, part of being a good sociologist is communicating your ideas clearly, so please write in complete sentences, explain your thoughts thoroughly, use proper punctuation and grammar, etc.