UOM The Relationship Between Career Choice and Graduates Major Dissertation
– The Dissertation Topic I chose: the Relationship between career choice and graduates’ major: A study of Shanghai in China.
– For this Dissertation, you will need to 1) revise Chapter 1 which is the introduction based on the professor’s comments that I uploaded below (named ‘Chapter 1 – Reviewed’) 2) work on Chapter 2 which is the Literature review part. When you work on it, please based on the content of Chapter 1.
– Chapter two: Literature review (more details will be included in ‘Dissertation Requirements’ and ‘GDI Dissertation Handbook’)
- Present state-of-the-art review of current knowledge and understanding on the subject matter or business issue
- Should include:
- Conceptual literature review
- Theoretical literature (at least one and not more than three)
- Empirical literature – review of similar works (Name of authors, the topic, methodology, and finding)
- Conceptual framework
- Chapter summary/conclusion
– For the purpose of this assignment, it should be around 4500 words excludes Chapter 1 and your bibliography. Since I already provide the content of Chapter 1, you only need to revise it based on the comments and there is not much content that needs to revise.
– The ‘Dissertation Requirements’ and ‘GDI Dissertation Handbook’ will tell you what you will need to include in each part.
– I also uploaded some samples that you can refer to.
– For the references, it is recommended that you should cite a minimum of 70 primary references. Please ensure that some of these references relate to work (particularly journal papers) that has been published in the last two or three years. In order to obtain these references, please make use of the electronic resources (databases and e-journals) available through the University of Manchester library. Using the reference style described in the ‘Harvard Manchester Referencing Style Guide’.
For Chapter 1:
At the end of ‘1.1 background of the study’, the professor asked to ‘add a paragraph or two, relate this choice to career choice as indicated in literature to give us a clear background to the study’, I didn’t see you have added.
One comment is asked you to ‘Rephrase it and back it up with scholarly works. After this, indicate how your study will fill this gap’, I also did see this in the content.
For Chaper 2:
In ‘2.4 Empirical Literature’ and ‘2.5 Conceptual Framework’ sections, you used some statistics, which is great, but you did not have references and the statistics are too old.
Also, there are some other sources that are too old. Please remember that the sources you use need to within 5 years.