Alcorn State University Two Lesson Plans in Science Analysis Paper
- Choose two lesson plans from the internet or other sources (Examples-Lesson Plans you or another teacher created) that cover reading comprehension in Science or Social studies. Lesson plans should cover both Primary and Intermediate grade levels.Evaluate each lesson plan by answering the following questions:
- How well did the lesson plan activate prior knowledge?
- How well did the lesson plan account for academic language and how it will be used?
- How well did the lesson incorporate pre-reading, reading and post-reading activities?
- How well did the lesson plan incorporate writing to build literacy connections?
- How well did the lesson plan outline supports for English language learners and those with exceptionalities?
- How will the learner be assessed before, during, and after?
- Is technology incorporated? If so, how?
Redesign or improve one of the lesson plans based on your evaluation answers, your knowledge of schema theory and its relationship to reading comprehension, and factors that impact comprehension.Write a brief summary of the changes you made to the lesson plan and explain why you made them. Insert this summary at the beginning of your redesigned lesson plan.Submit your assignment.Resources