HIM 252 Ashford University Week 1 Professional Ethics Case Study Analysis
Case Study 1: Professional Ethics Case Study Analysis
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, read the following resources:
- AHIMA Code of Ethics (Links to an external site.)
- Commission on Certification for Health Informatics and Information Management (CCHIM): Recertification Guide (Links to an external site.)
Sammy Jo obtained her RHIA 15 years ago and let her certification lapse four years ago. She is applying for a teaching position at the local community college and the position requires an active RHIA or RHIT credential. She completes the application and indicates she is an RHIA, because she is going to start the recertification process.
In your paper,
- Identify the case study topic.
- Summarize the steps required to become recertified.
- Identify whether Sammy Jo violated any AHIMA Code of Ethics. Explain your reasoning.
- Identify whether Sammy Jo violated any employment law violations. Explain your reasoning.
The Case Study 1: Professional Ethics Case Study Analysis must be one to two pages long and use two resources in addition to the course materials.
The Week 1 Case Study
- Must be one to two double-spaced paged in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center (Links to an external site.)’s APA Style (Links to an external site.) resource as outlined in the case study.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Similarity score from Turnitin
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted