PU Medicare Health Insurance Company Presentation
Instructions: This assignment has two parts.
PowerPoint: Examine Health Insurance Plans
Select one health insurance company to conduct research on. Examples include: Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Cigna, Prudential, Aetna, Medicare, etc. (The plan you choose may be specific to your geographic region or a nationwide plan.)
- Provide an overview of the selected health insurance company (year established, where it is offered, population served, etc.).
- Identify the plans offered by the health insurance plan, detailing specific details for each (deductibles, copayments, network providers, PCP, etc.)
- Provide a reference page that includes the URL of the insurance plan you presented.
- Identify specific types of consumers each plan offering is best suited to (age, affiliation to work or military service, pay structure, etc.).
In the oral portion of this assignment, you will present the information retrieved on your selected health insurance plan to a consumer in the decision-making process of health insurance plan selection.
Create your oral presentation as an attachment to the specific slide, or using a recorded MP4 file; You may use your own recording software and upload the link to your file or use one of the options found here.
Oral presentations must follow the presentation slides and also exhibit academic/professional tone, and clear enunciation.
- Present in a way that is aligned with the purpose of the assignment (to inform a consumer).
- The viewpoint and purpose should be clearly established and sustained.
- The assignment should follow the conventions of Standard English (correct grammar, punctuation, and spelling).
Research – Information used in your written presentation must include a minimum of 2 credible references. A credible reference includes textbooks, university Online Library, professional websites, and academic journals or articles.
Mechanics – Written work must follow Standard English conventions, using proper grammar, punctuation, and spelling. The viewpoint and purpose should be clearly established and sustained. Writing should be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful.
Oral – Oral delivery techniques, including word choice and oral expressiveness should display exceptional content, organization, and style, while leading the audience to a dynamic and supported conclusion.
References – A reference page, properly formatted to APA style guidelines, must be submitted at the end of your template. A minimum of 2 credible references must be used.
Follow APA formatting guidelines, including citations, references, and use of industry-specific terminology.