SC 131 Purdue Global University Secondhand Smoking & Asthma Attacks Discussion
Responses to 2 original discussions must be generated, the discussion theme and the 2 original discussions will be provided.
Both replies must be at least 400 words each and must have at least 5 references no older than 5 years.
The 2 original responses will be provided
This is the actual Discussion theme:
There is no doubt that smoking any form of tobacco has been linked to some form of cancer, but what about secondhand smoke? Research has indicated that secondhand smoke affects both adults and children and can result in disease and even premature death. Currently, all 50 states have enacted some form of smoking legislation. Many places even prohibit smoking in all public spaces, including bars and restaurants. Smokers claim that it is their right to smoke and they should be able to do so anywhere. However, is it also their right to force others around them to be subjected to secondhand smoke?
Use your textbook readings and other reliable resources to research these topics in further detail. Then, in your main post, answer the following Discussion questions:
- List the effects of secondhand smoke inhalation in children and adults.
- Do you feel that smokers should be allowed to smoke anywhere? Why or why not?
- Should smokers be prevented from smoking in their own homes or in their cars when children or any other non-smoker is present? Why or why not?
- List any current state or local restrictions including fines that could be implemented for smoking in closed areas such as a car with a child present.
- Would you allow the use of electronic cigarettes to be used in banned locations? Why or why not?
- Are electronic cigarettes or vapes a healthier alternative? Why or why not?