Colorado Technical University Judicial System in Health Care Questions
Since the enactment of the Affordable Care Act, there have been several lawsuits in the federal courts, and some have made their way to the Supreme Court. Not all of these cases are accepted for appeal by the Supreme Court and thus are settled at the appellate court. Analyze a recent appellant court case related to a health care legal case. If possible, find a case in your own federal appellate court. Discuss the following in a 2-3 page paper not including the title page and reference page:
- In what court did this case originate?
- What is the law at issue in this case?
- What are the arguments supporting the law, and what are the arguments to overturn the law?
- Discuss the effect of this court case on health care delivery or operations. For example, will patient care be changed?
- How will the operations of a health care organization or health insurance company be changed?