ENGL 101 PGU Collaboration for Research & Evidence Based Practice Essay
Topic 1: Collaboration for Research and Evidence-based Practice
Consider the role of the nurse as an interdisciplinary team member in completing research and using research findings to inform health care practices.
Please retrieve and read the following Journal articles from the Library. Articles can be located through a search in the CINAHL database, OVID database, Course Resources, or by using the link at the end of the reference if provided.
Engelke, M., & Marshburn, D. (2006). Collaborative strategies to enhance research and evidence-based practice. The Journal of Nursing Administration, 36(3), 131–135.
Review the following:
- Women’s Health Initiative retrieved from http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/whi
- Collaborative strategies to enhance research and evidence-based practice. (see Journal in Reading)
Answer the following questions:
- Discuss the role of the advanced practice nurse as an interdisciplinary research collaborator and member of the interdisciplinary team obligated to co-participate in the implementation and use of evidence-based practice.
- End your discussion by providing an example of an evidence-based change that would require the collaborative efforts of nursing and at least two other healthcare disciplines and that would lead to quality improvement in healthcare.
- APA 7 FORMAT/ LIST 3 PEER REVIEWED REFERENCES