UOPX Nursing Roles in Disaster Management Presentation
Public health officials can play a huge part in disaster planning and emergency preparedness.
Analyze disaster response and emergency preparedness:
- Identify nursing roles and responsibilities during each phase of disaster management. Consider:
- Evaluate your community or state’s plan for preparedness and disaster management:
- Does it include provisions for each phase of preparedness and disaster planning?
- Does it clearly account for community needs?
- Does the plan include evidence of thought beyond the written report?
- Is there evidence of a record keeping system for resources, treatment, and identification of victims?
- Are there redundancies built into the plan should one option fail? Are backup plans in place?
- Analyze the plan for addressing mass casualty situations.