George Mason University Popular Group of Cybercriminals in the World Today Discussion
U.S. Government Issues Powerful Security Alert: Upgrade VPN Or Expect Cyber-Attacks, discuss, investigate and provide feedback to your classmates on how VPN can be vulnerable.
Assignment 2 :
Investigate and research the recent Colonial Pipeline cyberattack and provide feedback/update on the nature of the attack why it happened ,who is responsible, and in your opinion what could have been done to avoid such attack?
Assignment 3 :
Defense Begins with Eliminating Vulnerabilities Defense against attacks begins with elimination of vulnerabilities. Vulnerabilities are exploited by attackers to gain access to a system. Minimization of vulnerabilities is one of the foundational elements of defense.
Obtain a copy of the nmap scanning tool. Explore the various command-line options to scan networks, fingerprint operating systems, and perform other network-mapping functions.Provide a screenshot of your installation in the submission folder specified “Nmap”. ( I uploaded the presentation file you might need it.
Assignment 4 : In week 7, we spent time discussing cyber security and DRP/BCP auditing. After listening to the lecture, please answer one of the following two questions:
1. Discuss the different types of “information assets” that must be protected by the company (PII, ePHI, Intellectual Property, etc) and the potential business impacts in the event of a breach.
2. Identify 2-3 common cybersecurity policies and discuss their objectives, content and benefits.
week 7 lecture Passcode: N!0NFm6c
Assignment 5: in week 8, we developed an understanding of the NIST Cybersecurity Framework and how it may be used to assess cybersecurity risk.
After listening to the lecture, please respond to two of the following three items:
1. For each of the five core functions of NIST (identify, protect, detect, respond, recover), choose one category (e.g. asset management, access control) and provide an example of one potential risk.
2. Describe the five step Cybersecurity Asessment methodology and provide a detailed explanation of how two of the five steps are executed.
3. Explain why it is important to classify information assets and describe techniques to identify them in the company’s business and IT environment.
Week 8 lecture Passcode: D2$CA7Jh