In Project 2, you will be configuring an array of dynamic routing protocols—both Interior Gateway Protocols (IGPs) and the Border Gateway Protocol (BGP). Fairport Brockway Associates (FBA) was happy with your work in the first phase of this engagement and is now asking you to complete its Layer 3 configuration so that connectivity between HQ and both remote offices can be established and tested. Also, be sure to address each of the five reflection questions found at the end of this activity.
You will continue working in your Packet Tracer file from Project 1.
You will not need to make any configuration changes to the Service Provider Core routers as they are already configured and cannot be accessed. Also, FBA network engineers have done some configuration work for you in each of the offices—be sure to validate that the configuration work they completed was done correctly. If you find mistakes, correct them before moving on.
Using your Packet Tracer from Project 1:
When you are finished with the activity:
How Will My Work Be Evaluated?
For this assignment, you are asked to complete the Layer 3 and dynamic routing protocol configuration for the FBA enterprise network infrastructure following the provided guidelines. The first part of the assignment requires you to perform a series of configuration tasks that will result in interoffice connectivity between each of the remote offices and the HQ office. In the second part, you will provide responses to the reflection questions.
By completing the hands-on application of the concepts and technologies covered to this point in the course, and by responding to the reflection questions in an effective narrative format, you are demonstrating your use and mastery of the technical information to convey your thoughts to others in a professional setting. Your ability to express your findings using the correct technical detail in a business context is a critical workplace skill.
The following evaluation criteria aligned to the competencies will be used to grade your assignment:
- 1.1.3: Present ideas in a clear, logical order appropriate to the task.
- 1.2.3: Explain specialized terms or concepts to facilitate audience comprehension.
- 2.1.3: Explain the significance of the issue or problem.
- 2.3.5: Articulate the implications, consequences, and potential limitations of proposed conclusions and solutions.
- 10.1.1: Identify the problem to be solved.
- 11.2.1: Configure technology according to stakeholder specifications and requirements.
- 12.1.3: Communicate policies, processes, and/or procedures to stakeholders.
- 12.3.2: Describe the implementation of controls.
- 12.5.1: Explain how to test the controls within the IT system.
- 13.2.1: Evaluate vendor recommendations in the context of organization requirements.
When you are finished, click “add a file” to upload your work, and then click the Submit button.
Note that you will need to upload two items to the assignments folder: your .pka file and the document with your responses to the follow-up questions.