Cambridge College IT and Organizational Learning Questions
Information Systems for Business and Beyond Questions:
- Chapter 7 – study questions 1-10, Exercise 2
- What is the productivity paradox?
- Summarize Carr’s argument in “Does IT Matter.”
- How is the 2008 study by Brynjolfsson and McAfee different from previous studies? How is it the same?
- What does it mean for a business to have a competitive advantage?
- What are the primary activities and support activities of the value chain?
- What has been the overall impact of the Internet on industry profitability? Who has been the true winner?
- How does EDI work?
- Give an example of a semi-structured decision and explain what inputs would be necessary to provide assistance in making the decision.
- What does a collaborative information system do?
- How can IT play a role in competitive advantage, according to the 2008 article by Brynjolfsson and McAfee?
Exercise – 2
- Review the WebEx website. What features of WebEx would contribute to good collaboration? What makes WebEx a better collaboration tool than something like Skype or Google Hangouts?
- Chapter 8- study questions 1-10, Exercise 2
- What does the term business process mean?
- What are three examples of business process from a job you have had or an organization you have observed?
- What is the value in documenting a business process?
- What is an ERP system? How does an ERP system enforce best practices for an organization?
- What is one of the criticisms of ERP systems?
- What is business process reengineering? How is it different from incrementally improving a process?
- Why did BPR get a bad name?
- List the guidelines for redesigning a business process.
- What is business process management? What role does it play in allowing a company to differentiate itself?
- What does ISO certification signify?
- Review the return policies at your favorite retailer, then answer this question: What information systems do you think would need to be in place to support their return policy.
Information Technology and Organizational Learning Assignment:
Chapter 6 – Review the section on knowledge creation, culture, and strategy. Explain how balance scorecards impact knowledge creation, culture, and strategy. Why are these important concepts to understand within an organization?
The above submission should be one -page in length and adhere to APA formatting standards
**Remember the APA cover page and the references (if required) do not count towards the page length**
Note the first assignment should be in one section and the second section should have the information from the Information Technology and Organizational Learning assignment. The paper requirements for the two-pages applies to the second part of the assignment directly related to the Information Technology and Organizational Learning assignment.