MCCEMCC Applying Advanced Protocols Discussion Questions
- f extensions that provide integrity to the DNS server to aid in the deterring attackers from hijacking the DNS process.
- After completing the above procedures, attach the appropriate screenshots into a single MS Word document and complete the following tasks.
Using the above enterprise architecture scenario, which consists of different components (e.g., servers, clients, databases) with information that has various temporal and distribution constraints, networks, multiple sites, and trusted and untrusted clients, write a 500- to 750-word summary, making sure to:
- Describe the appropriate cryptographic tools/algorithms/protocols that can be applied at various locations throughout that architecture in order to achieve a variety of goals.
- Define the purpose of IPsec (including the various modes, IKE, ESP vs AH, Windows firewall integration, and IPv6) and DNSSEC (relationship to PKI, DNS Zones, and trust anchors).
- Briefly describe what you accomplished from the procedures supplied, and how these protocols enhance the security of servers. Provide references to recent articles (less than a year old) that demonstrate the use and benefits of an organization that has implemented IPsec and DNSSEC.
- Describe the management challenges/tradeoffs associated with implementing various security controls and protocols in an enterprise network.
- Include the required screenshots as outlined in the implementation instructions.