SRM 325 UArizona Global Campus Labor Disputes and The Bargaining Table Essay
Professional sports are greatly influenced by collective bargaining agreements, labor disputes, and athlete conduct that violate leagues’ code of conduct where ownership and players have different perspectives and arguments. Use your personal experiences and research from the course readings for this assignment.
In a narrative format, the paper must include:
- An examination of the relationship between professional sports teams, player’s unions, and the applicable laws.
- Include a description of the issues impacting professional leagues, teams and player unions.
- In the response, include an analysis of what side of the issues impacting professional teams and athletes you agree with: Players or Owners.
The Labor Disputes and the Sides of the Bargaining Table paper
- Must be two to three double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s APA Style (Links to an external site.) resource.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.).
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- For assistance on writing Introductions & Conclusions (Links to an external site.) as well as Writing a Thesis Statement (Links to an external site.), refer to the Ashford Writing Center resources.
- Must use at least three scholarly sources in addition to the course readings.
- The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.) guide.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. See the Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the Ashford Writing Center for specifications.