SNHU Milestone Three Managing & Appraising Employee Performance Paper
Overview: This milestone focuses on the topics of this week’s lessons: managing and appraising employee performance.
Using the material on performance management and appraisals provided in this week’s lesson and the case, in a short paper you should:
- ? Determine the HRM’s role in the performance management process and explain how to ensure the process aligns with the organization’s strategic plan.
- ? Differentiate between the trait, behavioral, and results-based performance appraisal systems, providing an example where each would be mostapplicable.
- ? Identify best suited appraisal for the Maersk Customer Service – CARE Business Partner.
- ? Identify and describe a variety of performance rating scales that can be used in organizations including graphical scales, letter scales, and numeric scales.Guidelines for Submission: Your submission should be 2–3 pages in length and double-spaced using 12-point Times New Roman font. Be sure to list your references at the end of your paper. Submit journal assignment as a Word document.https://www.gartner.com/smarterwithgartner/peer-fe…
- In the last module, you looked at training needs assessment and the processes organizations use to ensure their employees have the knowledge, skills, and abilities they will need. This module’s focus is a natural progression of these topics: performance management systems, or the methods employers use to evaluate employee performance. If you have worked full time, you have likely been through your company’s performance appraisal or performance evaluation process.
While evaluating employee performance seems to be a straightforward process, there are many tasks managers need to perform to ensure employees receive the feedback, support, and encouragement they need to succeed. Watch this video, Performance Appraisals Gone Bad!, and make a list of the mistakes you see the manager make when conducting the appraisal meeting. Be sure to keep in mind the concepts you have covered in previous modules.