MKT 640 American InterContinental University Week 5 Marketing Plan SMART Discussion
Minimum Weekly DB Expectations
- Post an original and thoughtful Main Post to the DB prompt.
- Respond to at least 2 other posts from learners and/or the instructor (Response Posts).
- The first contribution (Main Post or Response Post) must be posted before midnight (Central time) on Friday of each week.
- Two additional responses are required after Friday of each week.
- For DB assignment prompts with a Part One and Part Two, Part One should be addressed in the first week of the unit with a Main Post and minimum of 2 Response Posts, and Part Two should be addressed in the second week of the unit with a Main Post and a minimum of 2 Response Posts.
More on DBs
At the end of each unit, DB participation is assessed based on level of engagement and the quality of the contribution to the discussion. DBs allow learners to learn through sharing ideas and experiences as they relate to course content. Because it is not possible to engage in two-way dialogue after a conversation has ended, no posts to the DB are accepted after the end of the unit. Learners must demonstrate an appropriate depth of understanding of course content to receive credit for having submitted substantive posts. Typically, this is achieved with 3–4 strong paragraphs for Main Posts and 2–3 strong paragraphs for Response Posts.
This assignment has 4 parts.
- What questions do you have about the overarching Unit 5 assignment? Although not due until the end of the class, it is important that you begin planning for this project early in the course. What are your initial thoughts about how you will approach this assignment? Explain.
- Using the product you chose in Unit 1 discussion board, List two features of the product and assess how they transform into benefits for you; determine consumer behavior towards your product as compared to their current behavior towards your competitor’s product. Discuss how the product fits your lifestyle or psychographic.
- Based on Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs, what level of need will your ‘improved’ product meet? Explain.
- Draft a mission statement for your product and set three (3) specific applicable marketing goals which you would like to meet in your marketing strategy.