Cal State Fullerton Week 2 Religious Discrimination Case Study Analysis
Prior to beginning work on this assignment,
- Review the You Be the Judge – Religious Discrimination: Dress Code Flips Burger Joint videos: Case Argument (Links to an external site.), Defendant Profile (Links to an external site.), Plaintiff Profile (Links to an external site.), Defendant Reaction (Links to an external site.), Plaintiff Reaction (Links to an external site.)
- Review Chapter 51 of the course textbook.
Assume the role of the judge in the Dress Code Flips Burger Joint case. Analyze the legal issues presented by the parties and state how you would rule on each of the issues presented. Remember that your ruling should be based on your legal analysis and not on your own personal views. Use the IRAC method to apply the law to the facts and reach a legal conclusion based on your analysis.
Your legal analysis should
- Determine whether Mr. Johnson discriminated against Ms. Djarra based on religion.
- Discuss whether Mr. Johnson offered reasonable accommodations to Ms. Djarra.
- Identify the amount and type of damages to be awarded, if any.
The Religious Discrimination – Reasonable Accommodations analysis