SU WK 8 A Successful Manager & Work Relationships Discussion
I’m trying to study for my Business course and I need some help to understand this question.
PART 1: Ask a member of the Human Resources team (or the person who does the hiring) at your work what they see as the key characteristics of a successful manager. In the discussion thread, provide a summary, answering the following questions:
- What company do you work for and what is the role of the individual you interviewed?
- What are the key characteristics of a successful manager that your colleague described?
- What are your thoughts on your colleague’s response?
Part two on a separate word document
Step 1 – Read the Information Below
Organizations are cutting costs and making decisions to offer employees remote work. In this week’s discussion, your boss just informed you that you will work remotely starting Friday. You are concerned you will have a difficult time building and maintaining relationships. The following are areas of concern for you:
- Leader-member relationships.
- Coworker relationships.
- Boundary-spanning relationships extending outside the organization.
Step 2 – Post a Response
Respond to the following.
- Choose one area and explain how you will maintain the relationship you identified with specific steps you will take to build the relationship.